HOW TO DRAW 3D PICTURES
Have you ever wondered how to make your drawings pop and come to life? Learn how to draw 3D steps with ME!
– Start by sketching a rectangle. Draw two vertical lines, making sure the spacing on the left side is slightly wider than the space on the right. Draw another vertical line about the same length as the first. Draw a diagonal line and a horizontal line like in the image.
– Repeat this process to continue the staircase. Make sure all of the diagonal lines are parallel to one another.
– Continue this process to the far right side of the rectangle.
– Trace around the image with a darker pencil or pen, and erase all unwanted pencil marks. Fill the top area with black.
– With a pencil, lightly sketch in a second set of steps on the left side. The illusion still works without these extra steps, but they will add extra effect. Trace around them with a darker pencil or pen.
– Add some shading to the narrow rectangular shapes, like in the image. Fill in the bottom side with black.
– Spin your paper approximately 45 degrees to the right. Sit back and see the illusion!